Enjoy this very healthy and fat loss recipe!
Mustard Greens & Bulgur
- Prepare bulgur according to package directions. Transfer to a colander and rinse under cool water; drain. Toast walnuts in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring, until lightly browned and fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place 5 teaspoons oil and shallots in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Cook until the shallots start to brown, 4 to 6 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 15 seconds. Add mustard greens, dates and 2 tablespoons water and cook, stirring occasionally, until the greens are tender and the water evaporates (add another tablespoon of water if the pan is dry before the greens are tender), about 4 minutes. Stir in vinegar, salt and the prepared bulgur; cook until heated through, about 1 minute. Drizzle with the remaining 1 teaspoon oil and sprinkle with the walnuts before serving.
These ingredients make 6 servings!
- 1 cup bulgur, (see Shopping Tip)
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 6 teaspoons walnut oil, or extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 12 cups thinly sliced mustard greens, (about 1 bunch), tough stems removed
- 1/3 cup chopped pitted dates
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoons white-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Want to lose weight the healthy way?
Be As Happy As a Kid In A Candy Store By Learning The Secrets To Preparing Fast, Simple To Make And Healthy Fat Burning Recipes To Make Every Meal A Taste Sensation!